Denote simplifies the process of sending yourself notes by email.
"As a matter of fact, my favorite way of reminding myself to do something is to send myself e-mail."
Steve Jobs, quoted in Wired 4.02
Many people use their email inbox to store notes, reminders, or to do lists. Denote makes this simple and easy on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Use Denote to capture a thought that is keeping you awake or save a brilliant brainstorm before it is forgotten. By getting ideas out of your mind and into your inbox as quickly as possible, Denote frees your attention back to the moment at hand.
Denote can be used in a variety of ways:
• Configure your personal email address as the note inbox and keep track of to do items.
• Use your work email address and send yourself project ideas from anywhere.
• Select a person you email frequently, such as a friend or spouse, and quickly send them brief messages.
• Populates the subject and to fields in the email so you can focus on what you want to say.
• Messages will be queued in the Mail application even if no network connection is currently available, such as on a plane flight.
• Supports rotating the device into landscape mode and composing notes with the wide keyboard for more precise typing.
• Easily select any email address from the built-in Contacts list.
• Two color themes: black text on white background for daylight use, white text on black background for easier nighttime typing, such as in bed.
* The Mail application must be configured for Denote to send notes.